BOWLING GREEN — Defense attorney Adrian Cimerman has been appointed to represent a Toledo man charged in the shooting death of a Perrysburg Township woman.
Jose Moya, Jr., 24, is charged with murder and tampering with evidence in the July 22 death of Leandra Frankum, 21, in the Perrysburg Heights neighborhood. In Wood County Common Pleas Court on Friday, he asked Judge Alan Mayberry to appoint a new lawyer for him, saying he was “not seeing eye to eye” with his court-appointed attorney, Omar Shaaban, and didn’t want to plead guilty “to something I didn’t do.” A pretrial hearing was set for Feb. 22.
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection
- New Wood Co. roundabout proposed