Public servants in Perrysburg Township have fond memories of their favorite Christmas gifts from years past.
Lisaanne Gregg, police dispatcher:
"My favorite Christmas gift was when I was 5, a life-size Raggedy Ann doll that was as tall as I was. I kept her until her feet fell off. That was just a few years ago."
Tom Brice, fire and EMS chief:
"I don't even remember getting a fire engine. I do remember getting an Emergency Johnny and Roy self-contained breathing apparatus. ... I remember wearing that all over the place. ... I wish I still had that. It would be worth some money."
Shirley Haar, fiscal officer:
"My daughter made me a hand print and tied it with a ribbon. She was 4 years old. I still have it. It was the greatest thing I ever got."
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection
- New Wood Co. roundabout proposed