Two lots in the Willowbend subdivision in Perrysburg Township are in the process of being annexed by the city of Perrysburg.
The majority of Willowbend was annexed by the city from the township in 2007. One lot was not annexed then, and was then split into three lots. The two lots without the home are lots 13 and 80 in Willowbend that is being annexed. Lot 13 is 0.627 acre and lot 80 is 0.643 acre.
Perrysburg Planning and Zoning Administrator Brody Walters said the next step for the annexation is for it to be approved by the Wood County commissioners.
The township made an 99-year agreement with the Perrysburg in 2001 to not interfere with annexations in that area.
"The owner died and the person in trust of the strangely shaped lot split it into three parcels," Mr. Walters said.
A few months ago Perrysburg Mayor Nelson Evans said they would look to annex Perrysburg Heights community as well from Perrysburg Township.
"Right now, the city internally is looking at the cost and benefits of annexing it," he said. "It is Wood County Commissioners expectations that it will, we have to see how the council will support it. The streets are built to city standards, and there are problems with property maintenance."
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection
- New Wood Co. roundabout proposed