Plans for a Perrysburg Township Fire Station open house will be joined with the Police Department's children's bike safety event on Oct. 5, township department heads decided on Wednesday.
Fire Chief Tom Brice plans to be the cook for a barbecue from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. while his department has demonstrations and shows off its trucks. The open house at the station at 26609 Lime City Rd. will kick off Fire Prevention Week.
Police Deputy Chief Michael Gilmore wants to have a bike safety event and Chief Brice said it would be nice to merge these events.
"We want a community bike rodeo," Deputy Chief Gilmore said. "We can provide a course for the kids and go over bike safety and check helmets."
Mr. Gilmore and the department hopes local businesses will help provide food and possibly donate helmets and more.
Also Wednesday, the trustees voted 3-0 to allow the Wood County Board of Elections to use the fire station facilities and administration building for election day Nov. 5.
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection
- New Wood Co. roundabout proposed