THE BLADE/MATT THOMPSON Enlarge | Buy This Photo
Blessed John XXIII Catholic Community changed its name to St. John XXIII Catholic Community with officially revising its sign before an intergenerational faith festival Sunday.
The new saintly name might formalize us, the founding pastor Rev. Herb Weber said. The church is at 24250 Dixie Hwy. in Perrysburg.
Father Weber is encouraging people to refer to the church as Saint John XXIII instead of just St. John so the church keeps the patron and uniqueness. The church opened in 2005 by meeting for three years at Perrysburg High School and a Lutheran church. The new facility on State Rt. 25 was built in 2008.
The church has worked with vendors, government, utilities, and diocese about the name change. It needs new business cards, bank accounts, a new logo, new car stickers, and a new Web site. Those going to its previous Web site blessedjohn.org are forwarded to stjohn23.org.
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection
- New Wood Co. roundabout proposed