CLEVELAND — Kamilah Carter scored 21 points and Ashley Tunstall added 20 as the No. 5-ranked Owens Community College women’s basketball team beat Cuyahoga CC 86-42 Wednesday night to clinch the an outright Ohio Community College Athletic Conference championship.
Tunstall hadd 12 rebounds for the Express (24-2, 10-1 OCCAC). Imani Vickers scored 13 points off the bench for Owens, which led 44-21 at halftime.
Lauren Harris scored 14 points and 11 rebounds to lead Cuyahoga (4-16, 2-9), which used only six players.
OWENS 87, CUYAHOGA 72
CLEVELAND — Bikramjit Gill scored 29 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead the Express (23-5, 10-1 OCCAC).
John Murry made 15 of 17 free throws to score 26 points, and Andy Bachman added 13 points for Owens, which led 45-31 at the break.
Gary Brun led Cuyahoga (7-18, 4-7) with 33 points.
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection
- New Wood Co. roundabout proposed