THE BLADE/ANDY MORRISON Enlarge | Buy This Photo
Officials confirmed today that a fire at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo was intentionally set.
The fire at the Perrysburg Township mosque was reported just before 5 p.m. Sunday. Initial reports suggested that the fire started in the second-floor prayer room, but police Detective Sgt. James Gross declined to confirm that today.
Investigators from the State Fire Marshal, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, and Perrysburg Township are continuing the investigation.
No other information has been provided.
Anyone with information is asked to call the State Fire Marshal's Office at 1-800-589-2728 or Perrysburg Township police at 419-874-3551.
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection
- New Wood Co. roundabout proposed