Police officers will be out in force this month, using public safety grant money to get dangerous drivers off the road.
Maumee officers will man checkpoints the week of Aug. 19, looking for drivers who are drunk or impaired and distributing public safety literature to motorists.
In Perrysburg Township, crews are conducting selective traffic enforcement through Aug. 31. Special attention will be given to speed and seat-belt violations. Targeted are Oregon Road, U.S. 20, and State Rts. 25, 795, and 65.
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection
- New Wood Co. roundabout proposed