Perrysburg Township Trustees approved a 15-year, 100-percent tax abatement for FedEx Ground Packaging System Inc. for a $42 million expansion at Third and J streets.
The project will increase the 607,364-square-foot facility by about 62,000 additional square feet, including 60 more loading doors. The firm is projecting 22 more full-time jobs that would generate $1 million in payroll a year and 145 part-time positions that would add $1.7 million in payroll.
The FedEx facility cost $90 million to build and now has 104 full-time and 707 part-time workers.
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- 4 new trustees named to Maumee Valley Country Day board
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection