The Perryburg Township Board of Trustees unanimously approved the appointment of Truman "Tim" Greenwood as its new law director today.
The contract is effective immediately and ends Dec. 31. Mr. Greenwood will be paid at an hourly rate of $135 on an as-needed basis.
"Tim Greenwood comes highly recommended," Trustee Bob Mack said. "He comes from Slyvania where he was a law director for many years and served on the state legislature representing Lucas County. He recently moved to Perrysburg Township, and I think he will be a valuable asset when we need him."
Mr. Greenwood is an attorney for Spengler Nathanson in Toledo.
For the past two months Perrysburg Township has not had a law director in place, after Walter Celley became township administrator Dec. 31.
"I met him last week and I believe he will be a good fit," Trustee Gary Britten said of Mr. Greenwood. "I move to go ahead and approve."
Mr. Greenwood was unable to be at the meeting tonight. Mr. Celley said he will probably be at the first trustees meeting in April to meet the public.
"He regrets having a prior commitment," Mr. Celley said.
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection
- New Wood Co. roundabout proposed