The Ohio Department of Transportation will change yield signs to stop signs at three rail crossings in Perrysburg Township in early 2014 with no cost to the township. The crossings are at Bayer, Carter, and Schroder roads.
At Wednesday’s meeting, township Trustee Craig LaHote wondered how much it would cost to add solar lights at the stop signs for safety. Also, the trustees approved 2014 holiday closings at township offices for New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Nov. 27 and Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day are all full days off. Good Friday, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve will be half days for the township.
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection
- New Wood Co. roundabout proposed