DANVILLE, Ill. — The Owens men’s basketball team cruised to an 88-72 victory over Central Community College-Columbus (Neb.) in the NJCAA Division II quarterfinals on Wednesday night.
Joe Retic II scored a team-high 19 points with six assists and five rebounds for the Express (26-8). Tony Boykins added 13 points and Franklin Lindsey 10. James Kelly finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Owens will play the winner of No. 12 Rend Lake College and No. 7 South Suburban College in the Final Four at 6 p.m. Friday.
Tyron Criswell paced Central with a game-high 25 points. David Plain added 15 and James Spencer 14.
- Leonard E. “Dino” Brownson III, 1933-2016: Former O-I exec loved to save dogs
- Replacement levy would boost funding for Bowling Green parks
- Robert J. Adams, 1928-2016: Swanton milkman, insurer well-liked, trusted
- Wood County hopes to improve safety at dangerous intersection
- New Wood Co. roundabout proposed